Please follow us on our LinkedIn page.
Issa Ramaji, Ph.D., P.E.
What is new in ifcMiner v1.1?
An instance editing function is added to the tool so you can edit instances and save as the modified file. In addition to the benefits it has for IFC experts, the simple instance attribute ending function of the tool makes it possible for users who have minimum knowledge of IFC to edit an input file. for example, an operation management can update a property related to maintenance of an equipment simply by knowing just the instance number he/she has to update each time a service is performed.
dataArrows ifcMiner is a free tool that is developed to facilitate querying and editing information in IFC model. It also contains a module for testing IFC files against related schemas.
What dataArrows ifcMiner?
Main functionalities of dataArrows ifcMiner include:
- Exploring entities of an input schema
- Displaying attributes of any instances in an input IFC file
- Editing attributes of any instances in an input IFC file
- Exploring dependencies between instances in an IFC file
- Generating a list of all instances that represent an entered schema entity in an input IFC file
- Testing an input IFC file against an input IFC schema in EXPRESS format for compliance
Who can take benefit of this tool?
The tool is freely available to the public. So, essentially anyone who uses IFC can benefit from this tool. However, researchers, software developers, and hard core engineers can potentially take more benefit of dataArrows ifcMiner. In addition, the simple instance attribute ending function of the tool makes it possible for user who has minimum knowledge of IFC to edit an input file; for example an operation management can update a property related to maintenance of an equipment simply just by knowing the instance number he/she has to update each time a service is performed.
What is special about dataArrows ifcMiner?
- dataArrows ifcMiner is not dependent on any specific version of IFC schema. So, it can support all the previous and future version of IFC schema. It can also be used with any custom-defined, filtered, or extended version of an IFC schema.
- It is fast!